Re: SWIP update intervals (was: Re: Getting an AS and /18)

  • From: Adam McKenna
  • Date: Tue Jul 03 17:21:18 2001

On Tue, Jul 03, 2001 at 01:41:12PM -0700, Gary E. Miller wrote:

> Yo Randy!
>
> That may be, but I still need valid whois data to track down network
> problems in progress.  I use whois many times a day for this and bad
> data just makes net management a lot harder.

Instead of keeping e-mail addresses in WHOIS, why not just keep a URL that
(theoretically) has up-to-date contact information.  This would allow the
organization to publish whatever e-mail addresses they wanted to, as well as
solving the problem of spammers walking the db.  A web page should be just as
easy (if not easier) to keep up to date than WHOIS data.

--Adam