Re: Getting an AS and /18

  • From: Greg A. Woods
  • Date: Tue Jul 03 00:26:42 2001

[ On Monday, July 2, 2001 at 20:59:49 (-0500), Marius Strom wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: Getting an AS and /18
>
> c) Take all that spreadsheet data, and throw it into an rwhois server.
> For a /20 worth of addresses, this took me the better part of 3-4 days
> of data entry. I would expect it would take one person 12-16 days for a
> /18 worth of addresses.  Need it faster?  Throw more people at data
> entry.

This "spreadsheet" and "data-entry" stuff seems like the wrong way to go
about things!

Using a spreadsheet to split out subnet lists seems like way-over-kill.
Don't you already have routing tables or other configuration data that
lists all this stuff somewhere?

As for needing to do data-entry, well all the data comes from computers
in the first place.  It should only take a competent programmer a day or
two at most, and maybe even just an hour or two at best, to hack together
something to manipulate it from one form to another as required.

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <[email protected]>     <[email protected]>
Planix, Inc. <[email protected]>;   Secrets of the Weird <[email protected]>