Re: Exodus Down

  • From: Derek Balling
  • Date: Sun Jul 01 17:33:52 2001

At 11:54 AM -0700 7/1/01, Marc MERLIN wrote:
If the worst  were to happen, and a  few years down the road VA  were to run
out of cash before being profitable, I'm  pretty sure that SF could be taken
over by someone else, and of  course all the projects are on ftp[1-x].sf.net
sites which are mirrored already.
It couldn't be "taken over" by anyone else without cash changing hands. It's a corporate asset of VA Linux Systems, Inc. -- the Inc. is the important part there.

Publicly traded companies going belly up don't get to "give" their assets away, they sell them - at fair market value - or they face lawsuits from shareholders.

| [email protected] | "Conan! What is best in life?" |
| Derek J. Balling | "To crush your enemies, see them |
| | driven before you, and to hear the |
| | lamentation of their women!" |