Re: OT: new NANOG shirt?

  • From: Richard Welty
  • Date: Wed Jun 27 12:55:01 2001

On Wed, 27 Jun 2001 12:23:47 -0400, Harold C. Berkowitz wrote:
>Now, it would be a fair drive to Fort Irwin, but are there any NANOG
>people at the National Training Center?  If so, any chance to borrow
>some old backhoes and  some artillery or tanks with live ammunition?
>Sounds like a plausible battalion mission:  raid and destroy an
>engineer equipment depot.

the army does live fire at the Picatinny Arsenal near Dover, New
Jersey, and at the Aberdeen Proving ground in Maryland. i also think
that there may be some stuff going on at Yuma. certainly a NANOG will
occur close enough to one or another of these sites so that we can
have a NANOG live fire exercise.

cheers,
   richard