Re: Cable Modem [really good network design]

  • From: Christian Kuhtz
  • Date: Tue Jun 26 15:29:53 2001

On Tue, Jun 26, 2001 at 03:01:41PM -0400, Wojtek Zlobicki wrote:
> ATM to the desktop never took off, whats wrong with Ethernet over ATM ?
> With devices such as
> IADS, it allows for easy differentiation of traffic.  Now you can cary voice
> and data over the same
> physical link without worry.
[..]

Ever tried it without that?  I have done quite a bit of less than scientific
testing of VoIP over a QoS-less infrastructures.  Small VoIP packets seem to
have little trouble squeezing thru and it works actually pretty well.  That's
without ATM QoS crap on a broadband connection.

--
Christian Kuhtz <[email protected]> -wk, <[email protected]> -hm
Sr. Architect, Engineering & Architecture, BellSouth.net, Atlanta, GA, U.S.