RE: Global BGP - 2001-06-23 - Vendor X's statement...

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Tue Jun 26 14:07:23 2001

On Tue, 26 June 2001, "Chance Whaley" wrote:
> Vendor X released a limited statement to their customers describing the
> issue - and their view on it. The large incumbent vendor that we all
> know and love has confirmed the issue, and released a "patch" to some of
> their customers. Vendor X also went on to state that at no time did
> their boxes crash, mis-forward, reset, or have any issue resulting from
> the events of the past weekend.

Sigh, the motto "be liberal in what you accept and conservative in what
you send" applies to BOTH parties.  The failure of one party not to
liberally accept what is received does not excuse the sending party from
being conservative in what they send.  And vice-versa.

Just because one vendor has issued a patch does not excuse the other
vendor.