Re: SBC forcing new contract on ISPs

  • From: Derek Balling
  • Date: Tue Jun 26 01:21:36 2001

At 6:20 PM -0800 6/25/01, Dee McKinney wrote:
I've never dealt with the California PUC yet....but in Alaska, it's
called the RCA, for Regulatory Commision of Alaska, and has challenged
the term "clueless". I'm wondering if there are any PUC commision members
with any real understanding ?
Yes. There are some midwest states who do (or at least, "did" when I worked for GTE TelOps) ... they proceeded from the principle of "If a PUC person is dealing with this, whether $COMPLAINANT is right or wrong, $UTILITY is paying us $SOME_HOURLY_RATE for the clerk's time in dealing with it"...

GTE has (or at least had) a "cash buyout" that reps were capable of giving (at the time, it was up to $500, with $1000 on supervisor approval) ... so obviously the hourly "fine/rate" even for claims where the utility was "right" was high enough to justify such. :)

| [email protected] | "Conan! What is best in life?" |
| Derek J. Balling | "To crush your enemies, see them |
| | driven before you, and to hear the |
| | lamentation of their women!" |