Re: Operational Content, I think...

  • From: Jonathan Disher
  • Date: Mon Jun 25 12:46:14 2001

On Sun, 24 Jun 2001, Greg A. Woods wrote:

> Mobile Lift is another manufacturer of similar lifts / stackers, some
> with much higher lifting capacities.
>
> If you're putting stuff onto a shelf or existing rails (like you REALLY
> should be!) there are various companies making scissor-lift mobile
> carts/tables/dollies, though any adjustable lift should work in such a
> situation.  Best value is probably a Mobile Lift 500-lb winch lift with
> 20x20" platform and 54" lift height at ~$775[cdn] from Avenue Inustrial
> Supply.  Just mount the rails in the cabinet (or shelf on the rack) and
> mount the mating slides on the box, plop the box on the lift, wheel it
> into place, winch up to line up the rails (or shelf), and slide it into
> its new home.
>
> All of this issue of course clearly identifies why it's cricital to pay
> for the extra floor space and have suitable amounts of clearance on both
> sides of a rack or cabinet!  ;-)

Sheesh.

And people think I'm insane for wrestling two 12008's into racks.  By
myself.  With my bad arm (broken titanium rod inside broken arm for 1 1/2
years, email for copies of a really pretty x-ray!) and bad leg (partially
fused crushed ankle from auto accident).

I think the day after, I was praying to $deity for one of these things the
next time I have to move heavy stuff like that.

-j

--
-Jonathan Disher
-Sr. Systems and Network Engineer