RE: DDOS anecdotes

  • From: Greg A. Woods
  • Date: Sat Jun 23 15:58:56 2001

[ On Saturday, June 23, 2001 at 20:04:06 (+0200), Mikael Abrahamsson wrote: ]
> Subject: RE: DDOS anecdotes
>
> This is a real problem. It's not FUD. Microsofts choice to include full
> IP stack capabilities will make the problem worse, but I do not blame
> their IP stack for this like Mr Gibson does though.

No, their stack's not the root of the problem -- all the rest of their
OS is (and of course in particular the security model, or lack thereof).

--
							Greg A. Woods

+1 416 218-0098      VE3TCP      <[email protected]>     <[email protected]>
Planix, Inc. <[email protected]>;   Secrets of the Weird <[email protected]>