Re: Routing Problem?

  • From: Poon Keen Mun
  • Date: Fri Jun 22 11:12:33 2001

Hi,
the link from singapore to US (teleglobe) starts to drop packet
and increase in latency. tried to open a ticket but the TG folks
replied everything is clean.
traceroute shows packet exiting from TG, out to UUnet, and back
to TG, apparently something is broken in the middle and they have
to rely UUnet for transit :(
anyway, problem fixed, but only after about 6 hrs !!

> Date: Fri, 22 Jun 2001 06:37:13 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Sean M. Doran <[email protected]>
> To: [email protected], [email protected]
> Subject: Re: Routing Problem?
>

> | I'm trying to convince their NOC something is not rite.
>
> Are you sure it's "not rite" by accident, rather than by design?
>
> [traceroute showing singapore->teleglobe-in-LA->Alternet-in-LA->
>                     Alternet-in-DC->Teleglobe-in-Montreal]
>
> "AS Healing" via another network has been done the past,
> this looks an awful lot like an example of that.
>
> 	Sean.

---
Poon Keen Mun
Pacific Internet Limited, Singapore.