Re: aol rejects mailing lists?

  • From: Steve Schaefer
  • Date: Wed Jun 20 18:43:48 2001

I doubt that it's a .edu vs. .com thing, since domains don't necessarily
mean much.  However, it could be an AS, netblock or server thing.  AOL may
have "whitelisted" you on their own initiative.

Alternatively, you may not be triggering their filter.  We have a fairly
modest mailing list, but our system sorts mail by domain before sending.
That means that we open up one connection to AOL and send all of the
messages at once.

>From what I read on the archives, that's the best way to trip their
filters.  Maybe you're not doing that.

-steve