Re: OT: No More Tiers (Re: Level3)

  • From: Valdis.Kletnieks
  • Date: Tue Jun 19 02:35:22 2001

On Tue, 19 Jun 2001 05:03:10 BST, "E.B. Dreger" said:
> Not again.  The next time that the t-word comes up on NANOG within a week
> of an argument about how meaningless it is... I shall have to scream.

I hereby propose that somebody get hold of 3 or 4 trash /24s, and that
each of them be attached to one of the alledged tier-1s - and then each
Tier-1 be required to pay transit to the other Tier-1's /24s.

Even if there's no actual traffic, then EVERYBODY will be paying
SOMEBODY for transit, and we can put this crock to rest. ;)