Level3

  • From: Ask Bjoern Hansen
  • Date: Mon Jun 18 23:43:04 2001

Hi,

We're looking around for a new colocation provider for aroudn
~100Mbit traffic. (Not much for the average NANOG participant I'm
sure, but that's what we've got ... :-) )

Level3 are giving us a pretty good quote; and all their competitors'
sales bozos ramble on about how they're "second tier" and bla bla
bla.

What's the (technical) truth?  Does Level3 have decent connectivity
(primarily from their colos in the Bay Area and Los Angeles). From
what traceroutes and such I can do it looks just fine and Yahoo
wouldn't be using them if they sucked that badly, huh?

Any gotchas we should be aware of about Level3?

FWIW, the other facilities we're looking at are Digital Island and
Exodus.

Any others that would be recommended?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. If you answer offlist then
I can summarize later in the week. (Without your name if you'd
prefer that).

 - ask

--
ask bjoern hansen, http://ask.netcetera.dk/   !try; do();