Re: Multicast Traffic on Backbones

  • From: Christopher Johnston
  • Date: Wed Jun 13 15:35:55 2001

Intermedia Business Internet has been running multicast enabled for a couple
of years now. It is an unsupported service that is freely available to all
dedicated customers.

> On Sat, 9 Jun 2001, Deepak Jain wrote:
>

> 	Don't know why I came across this, but I found a document on Sprintlink's
> site that says their entire backbone is multicast enabled, and they also
> peer with the MBONE for multicast traffic. They charge no fee for dedicated
> customers to be multicast-enabled.
>
> 	Are any other major networks doing this? Or have I been living under a rock
> and _everyone_ is doing this now?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Deepak Jain
> AiNET

----
Christopher Johnston - [email protected]
Manager, Tier III & Network Operations
Intermedia Business Internet
24-hour Support 888-297-1400