Re: Opinions about InterNAP

  • From: David McGaugh
  • Date: Wed Jun 13 14:34:50 2001

/24's are sufficient to multihome with most if not all providers out
there. Why not conventionally multi-home to 2 large well established
providers?

-Dave

"Seth M. Kusiak" wrote:

> Hi
>
> We have a small network (5 /24’s) and we need to host our web applications
> internally because they access backend servers that absolutely cannot be
> collocated.  I am thinking about getting 2 T1’s or fractional DS3’s from
> InterNAP from different P-NAPS (1 from Philly and 1 from NY) each circuit
> from a different CO
>
> The reason that I’m thinking InterNAP is because we don’t qualify for a /20
> and we would not be able to efficiently multi-home. It seems that InterNAP
> is perfect in our situation because they buy transit from multiple providers
> and claim to not have any black holes in their network.
>
> I hear many great things about InterNAP and I hear the opposite as well.
>
> Any thoughts would GREATLY be appreciated
>
> Thanks!
>
>  -Seth
begin:vcard
n:McGaugh;David
tel;fax:360.816.3297
tel;work:360.816.3718
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.eli.net
org:Electric Lightwave, Inc.;Data Internetworking
adr:;;4400 NE 77th Ave.;Vancouver;WA;98662;USA
version:2.1
email;internet:[email protected]
title:Internetwork Engineer
x-mozilla-cpt:;-31760