Re: Intellectual Property Claim Service for .BIZ

  • From: Eric Brunner-Williams in Portland Maine
  • Date: Wed Jun 13 12:04:27 2001

Chuck,

It appears that the specific form of the UDRP for .biz, which incorporates
what is called "STOP", isn't available to you. Please drop a note to legal,
that's [email protected] or [email protected], and ask. Factual error #2.

Distinct from the IP Claim Service is a substring matching and notice service,
you can ask for that also. The larger the Hamming-Distence I have to search,
the more I'm going to charge, so try to avoid "watch-on-letter-a" and its raft
of equivalents. Factual error #3 (or #1 revisted).

Specific knowledge beats general inference, usually. There are nuances in
the ICANN contracts, what else are contracts, SLAs, and attornies for, neh?

Of course, specifics do get in the way of moral outrage. Is it still a "sham"
or one solution to a problem you personally consider intractible, and we have
found interesting, challenging, and occasionally quite funny?

Eric