RE: New list Top 10 ISPs

  • From: Deepak Jain
  • Date: Tue Jun 12 15:10:50 2001

-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]]On Behalf Of
Sean Donelan
Sent: Tuesday, June 12, 2001 1:00 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: New list Top 10 ISPs

>        Also very unclear to me how any of this
> helps folks operate their networks or is applicable
> to NANOG, unless we've become a marketing organisation
> recently...

Issues related to competition and the business environment appear to
be within NANOG's charter.

The NANOG charter has included

   "maintaining a competitive and level business environment."

since November 2000.

It seems to follow that measurements of the competitive and business
environment would be on-topic.

I understand some technologists prefer to ignore competition and
the realities of business and concentrate on ways to post HTML.

----

I wouldn't use ANY network that didn't allow me to post copious amounts of
HTML whenever I thought it was necessary or even desirable. I don't think
networks that prevent it should even be considered "Tier-1". :)

<B>
Deepak Jain
<b>
AiNET