RE: Houston problems?

  • From: Rishi Singh
  • Date: Mon Jun 11 21:00:55 2001

Yes, we lost all of our Qwest connections from NYC to Houston this morning.
This was confirmed by Qwest as being due to the flooding.

In an email sent to us from one of our offices in Houston:

"In a little more detail:

http://www.usatoday.com/weather/news/2001/2001-06-10-houstonflding.htm

At least 15 people in the area were killed by this storm.  Many parts of the
city were flooded out, and a lot of stuff is still messed up.  Major
hospitals shut down, power and telephone service messed up, etc, etc.

Houston is currently a Federal disaster area."