Wave length for OC48 : Summary

  • From: Vincent Gillet
  • Date: Mon Jun 11 15:59:05 2001

Regarding all the inputs i received for the request, here is a summary

. POS card send laser to a specific wave length but used to have receivers with
  a large-band that include both 1310 and 1550 nm.

. Wave length have nothing to do with laser power nor attenuators but 1550 nm
  frequency has better performance (less attenuation) in fiber.

. Some people reported successful implementation with different
  wave-length on Cisco.

. 1 guy reported successful implementation with Juniper / Cisco using oc48.
  (It was private mail, off-list)
  I will keep nanog-list informed for my own implementation !!!

Thanks to everyone for the inputs.