Re: Multicast Traffic on Backbones

  • From: Brandon Ross
  • Date: Sun Jun 10 19:40:55 2001

On Sat, 9 Jun 2001, Deepak Jain wrote:

> Don't know why I came across this, but I found a document on
> Sprintlink's site that says their entire backbone is multicast
> enabled, and they also peer with the MBONE for multicast traffic. They
> charge no fee for dedicated customers to be multicast-enabled.
>
> Are any other major networks doing this?

I'll leave it as an exercise to the reader of whether or not NetRail
qualifies as a 'major network', but we do run native multicast across our
entire backbone and it is available to all customers.

--
Brandon Ross                                                 404-522-5400
EVP Engineering, NetRail                           http://www.netrail.net