Re: Multicast Traffic on Backbones

  • From: Jared Mauch
  • Date: Sun Jun 10 11:50:18 2001

	The advantage is that you can turn up a customer the same day
compared to having to schedule some maintence to make the network multicast
enabled.

	Making all your bgp sessions do unicast+multicast is a trivial
configuration change and does not cause any extra instability.

	Then you can turn on/off pim to the edge where the customer
is attached as needed.

	- Jared