RE: /24s run amuck again

  • From: John Starta
  • Date: Sat Jun 09 16:18:25 2001

Your customers are paying for Internet connectivity. If they're unable to reach the sites they desire as a result of your intention actions (filtering announcements), why should they continue to pay you?

While I fully support and expect route aggregation whenever possible, it is unreasonable to believe that everything fits in nice pretty packages. If you're unwilling to accept diverse /22 announcements without payment, why should we not expect the same for the /24's you're announcing?

jas

At 11:56 AM 6/9/01 -0700, Randy Bush wrote:

> There are lots of reasons to have some diverse /22 announcements in your
> network for example.

but if you are not paying me, what reasons are there for me to spend my
resources (route bloat) so you can engineer your traffic?

randy