RE: Internet Traffic Discovery?

  • From: Deepak Jain
  • Date: Wed Jun 06 14:09:13 2001

The Bell Labs guys only used "hundreds of gigabytes" of "real" packet data,
which if  I am not mistaken is only a few minutes of traffic on any high
speed link.

The more concerning issue with the article (I found) was that they
"simulated real data". What does this mean? How can you simulate something
you are trying to study without prejudicing your results?

But yes, I think I have heard/seen "macro flows are long lived and stable"
before, but didn't know who to credit it to.

Deepak Jain
AiNET