Re: PSI statement on C&W peering issue

  • From: Jeff Ogden
  • Date: Tue Jun 05 10:57:12 2001

At 10:04 AM -0400 6/5/01, Morris, Gary wrote:
What I find alarming about this is what is stopping CW from asking a prohibitive sum of money from other providers? Providers can't simply 'transit through somebody else' free of charge because ultimately somebody is paying for the transit rights.

And what I find alarming about this is that we purchase transit service from C&W and they no longer seem to be providing transit service that allows us to reach PSINet either directly or indirectly anymore. We've complained to C&W. They haven't responded yet. I am hoping that we don't need to get out our contract and read the fine print, but it may in fact come to that. (We are multihomed so we have some options, but that doesn't change anything in terms of the service we receive from C&W.)

-Jeff Ogden
Merit