Re: ORBS go bye bye?

  • From: Richard Welty
  • Date: Mon Jun 04 14:38:50 2001

At 02:24 PM 6/4/2001 -0400, Eric Whitehill wrote:
As I sit here I'm finding out more details - Apparently it's been ordered
shut down by the courts?  Any truth to this?
there was certainly a report that ORBS got in trouble with the NZ
courts over AB's response to a court order (reportedly, in response
to an order to remove a group of IP blocks form ORBS, he responded
by publicly announcing the list of IP addresses he was removing,
in a manner likely to get those IP addresses manually added to lots
of other lists, not the sort of move which would be endearing to the
legal system in most countries.)

richard

--
Richard Welty                                 [email protected]
Averill Park Networking -- Network Engineering, Software Development