Telco provisioning

  • From: Jeremiah Kristal
  • Date: Mon Jun 04 12:43:37 2001

I am working to roll out a smallish private network and have run into the
usual problems with end-user circuit provisioning.  As it has been several
years since I've done this, I am not entirely familiar with all the
agents/facilitators/resellers that are operating in each RBOC's region.  I
generally use Extel or Cortel in Verizon territory, mostly because of
inertia and laziness.
I know that there are similar companies in other regions of the country and
would appreciate it if folks could share their experiences good and bad with
me.  If you really feel a particular rep is noteworthy, please name names.
I am looking for companies that can order circuits from at least the local
RBOC, and are able to deal with minor inter-carrier connection issues.
Familiarity with Qwest's ordering procedures is a plus, but certainly not a
requirement.
Please send the information to me directly and I will summarize the results
for the list.  Thanks in advance.

Jeremiah