Re: engineering --> ddos and flooding

  • From: Andrew Dorsett
  • Date: Thu May 31 18:14:33 2001

I'm going to reply to my own post here. I am thoroughly impressed. I sent the message out and in 10 minutes I had two replies. Keep the ideas coming, I will form up a general suggestion message and post it later. One thing to think about, I want a way to do it without having to call a NOC like Genuity and asking them to put in a filter, I want a way to do something about it at a lower level. Like multiple connections....Remember NOC calls take time because of hold times... Someone just told me (on here) that the IETF is working on something, anyone know how many more years it will take for that protocol?

Thanks again,
Andrew