Re: More BW, Less Taxes

  • From: Alex Rubenstein
  • Date: Tue May 29 23:57:54 2001

> >	Why does BW cost so much?
>
> My personal feeling is "because people pay the price". This can be seen

I think at some point in the not-so-distant future, we are going to reach
a point where it can't get cheaper. Why?

Well, simply, there is an actual, fixed cost as to how much it costs to
provide the service, such as: a) dig, b) lay fiber, c) light the fiber, d)
pay for muxes, e) have people to build it, manage it, fix it, and monitor
it.

The only correlative to this is that you will be able to do more with
less, but we're bumping our heads on the 40 channels of OC192 these days,
and will for a while.