Re: Possible solution? (e-mail parcel vs. FTP)

  • From: Sabri Berisha
  • Date: Mon May 28 05:42:07 2001

On Fri, 25 May 2001, E.B. Dreger wrote:

Hi,

> Methinks that it's proxy time.  Why not hack the popular MTAs so that they
> take attachments, spool them in a Web-accessible directory, then modify
> the message.

I've given some thinking to this subject, however I thought of the
following objections:

- users do no longer have it under control (ie don't have the choice to
  mail/put on web) anymore;
- confidential information *could* be stored unwantingly lang online

on the other side, it might be a good solution to give the cluefull users
a choice: ie with an extra header:

or something like that.

--
/* Sabri Berisha CCNA,BOFH,+iO        O.O        speaking for just myself
 * Join HAL!!: www.HAL2001.org ____oOo_U_oOo____ http://www.bit.nl/~sabri