RE: VPN Solution (WAS: ORBS (Re: Scanning))

  • From: Jason Lewis
  • Date: Mon May 28 01:52:20 2001

With the MS PPTP client, there is an option to not use the default gateway
on the remote network.  By default this is on, so all your traffic goes
through the VPN.  Turn it off and only traffic destined for the remote
network goes over the VPN.

I would bet that there are similar options for other clients.

Jason Lewis
http://www.packetnexus.com
It's not secure "Because they told me it was secure". The people at the
other end of the link know less about security than you do. And that's
scary.