RE: ORBS (Re: Scanning)

  • From: Mitch Halmu
  • Date: Sun May 27 21:24:17 2001

On Sun, 27 May 2001, Dan Hollis wrote:

> On Sun, 27 May 2001, Roeland Meyer wrote:
> > You must not have a roaming staff or are willing to keep telcos wealthy.
>
> roaming staff either use webmail or pop-before-smtp.
>
> -Dan

Is there a rule that, except for local dial-in, we cannot offer the same
services to a client located in a part of the world that we dont't have
a dial-in POP as we offer to our local clients? Why shouldn't such clients
be able to get their dial-in somewhere and the rest of their services from
somewhere else? That includes using a remote SMTP server in the same way
a local user can, period.

--Mitch
NetSide