Re: PacBell Frame Relay Outage?

  • From: Sean Donelan
  • Date: Sat May 26 18:23:19 2001

On Sat, 26 May 2001, Roy wrote:
> The event made at least the radio and probably the print media.  The
> big uproar was because "many ATMs stopped working".   I guess that
> puts the Internet in its proper place in the scheme of things.

I did notice the number of "subscribers" affected was below the
important 30,000 reportable FCC outage level.  The last report I saw
was fewer than 22,000 customers affected, and I haven't seen any FCC
outage report show up on the FCC web site about the PacBell problems.

Wells Fargo said on average 5% of its ATM machines are out of service,
and they didn't see anything out of the ordinary yesterday.  9-1-1
automatic location identification (ALI) service was also affected,
although the calls themselves connected without problems.