Re: Email Parcel Post is Good!

  • From: Jim Mercer
  • Date: Sat May 26 02:37:10 2001

On Fri, May 25, 2001 at 08:13:18AM -0400, Cutler, James R wrote:
> Various people are alleged to have said things like:
>      "file transfer by email is evil"

alleged? dammit, i wanna get t-shirts printed up!   8^)

> Arbitrarily denying the use of email for file transfer is, in and of itself,
> tortuous interference with legitimate business of others.

owning and operating an ISP with an AUP is "in and of itself, tortuous
interference with legitimate business of others."

whether that AUP is about SPAM, or kiddie-porn (a business to some) or
huge emails, the ISP should be, and is, allowed to make its own judgements of
what it allows/disallows.

it may be your opinion that limiting email message sizes is possibily
detrimental to some classes of users, and may cause them to not be customers.

it is my opinion that we will keep more customers than we lose, merely by
having facilities that work efficiently, stably and cost effectively.

--
[ Jim Mercer        [email protected]         +1 416 410-5633 ]
[ Now with more and longer words for your reading enjoyment. ]