Re: Splitting a block of Class C's

  • From: Albert Meyer
  • Date: Sat May 26 01:55:43 2001

At 04:23 AM 5/25/01 -0400, John Fraizer wrote:
Huh?  You mean they're not running their own DNS servers?  If they're not
running their own DNS servers but are doing hosting, they deserve what
they get.  If they are, they need to simply update their host object in
whois for their DNS servers.  (This may or may not work with "alternate
registries".)  Then, they can write a simple script to go through the zone
files they have and change the first three octets to the new address
space.
I mentioned that, and it turns out they meant s/domains/servers/ but they really really don't want to re-IP, which I can understand. I had to re-IP 10 servers when my former employer moved offices, and it wasn't much fun. They have 50+ boxes in their space, and about half are client colos. In light of the advice I've heard here and elsewhere, I'm a bit nervous about what will happen, but I did tell them I would do it if Sprint agreed. I expected that Sprint would say no, but they claim that Sprint has agreed.