RE: Stealth Blocking

  • From: Roeland Meyer
  • Date: Thu May 24 21:57:26 2001

Not without an NDA from us, you're not. Corp traffic stays on corp servers
and anyone diverting it elsewhere will get a sharp phone call from our legal
department. It'll be called industrial espionage. Kashpureff went to jail
for something similar. Of course, we usually use PPTP.

> As a matter of fact, we are in the process of setting up a
> set of rules to
> divert all port 25 bound traffic on our dialups to local mail servers.

Is this your actual place of business? I will make sure that our account
reps are not allowed to use your service or POPS, whilst on the road. Also,
since I'll be doing business with your competition, I'll clue their
marketing departments in on this wonderful opportunity for them. Since this
will also prevent your downstreams from running their own SMTP servers
(which more than one of them probably are), you will probably lose them as
well.

> If everyone diverted all local traffic to a local mail
> server, the problem of open relays would go away.

Problems usually go away when the customers do...

You probably should talk to your marketing and legal folks, before going
quite that far.