Re: Stealth Blocking

  • From: Mitch Halmu
  • Date: Thu May 24 20:35:00 2001

On Thu, 24 May 2001, Matt Cramer wrote:

> http://spam.abuse.net/spam/tools/smPbS.html
>
> POP3 before SMTP.  Works for any MUA that supports POP3, and the only
> impact to the user experience is that the user needs to check her mail
> before she sends mail (which most do anyway).
>
> Now, please try this, close your relay, and cease this off-topic whining
> to this list.

I will give you a solid reason why we won't try this, quoting research
with POP-before-SMTP conducted by the founder of MAPS TSI, Chip Rosenthal
http://users.laserlink.net/~chip/relay-pres-9910/

You don't have to believe me that our clients will not accept that, take
his words instead:

"Our users hated it - particularly those using MS Outlook"

No need to describe what happens when your clients hate your service...

--Mitch
NetSide