Re: Stealth Blocking

  • From: Mitch Halmu
  • Date: Thu May 24 17:08:49 2001

On Thu, 24 May 2001, Dave Rand wrote:

> That's why I think that port 25 blocking is the only way.  That, and
> closing open relays, of course.

No, that is NOT the only way. We presume that the spammer had 8 dial-up
accounts. Who is this professional spammer, and how come he/she/it can
still find a provider? That is the question. Perhaps also who is the
merchant that ordered the promotion?

The identity of such individual or company belongs on a black list.
Yet the spammer is able to subscribe again tomorrow, next week, next
year... and nothing happens to them. That is the point where control
should be exercised.

--Mitch
NetSide