RE: Domain-Policy?

  • From: Roeland Meyer
  • Date: Thu May 24 13:09:27 2001

If you'd been following some of the responses there ...
It was an ex-employee making allegations wrt a legal matter, in process,
between them and NSI. Rather than leave it with the courts, that ex started
spamming the DP list with their version of events. This created a legal
problem for NSI. Caught between a rock and a hard place, the DP list got
squashed. I would have done the same thing.

The first time I saw flip's note, combined with some stuff on the DNSO/GA
list, I started building a mail server, on a spare amdK6-233 Linux box, to
run under DNSO.NET. Frankly, I could use some help with that effort
(Postfix/MailMan/INN). I was not expecting this to happen for at least
another week.

The DP list was the only impartial list around. Everything else is under
ICANN/DNSO control.

--
ROELAND M.J. MEYER
Managing Director