Re: Stealth Blocking

  • From: Christopher A. Woodfield
  • Date: Wed May 23 17:06:34 2001

Let me add that to this that it is trivial for a MAPS subscriber to
"whitelist" any site, overriding any affects of a listing in the RBL, DUL
or RSS, via ALLOW statements in a mail server or deny statements on an
inbound distribute list in the case of a BGP RBL subscriber. Any provider
that wanted to receive email from/route traffic to an IP listed on the
MAPS lists can easily do so without necessarily unsubsribing from the
service.

I'm saying this to hopefully drive home the argument that MAPS does not
blackhole ANYONE, its subscribers do. And those subscribers have the
option at any time of overriding a MAPS listing within their own network.

-C

--
Christopher A. Woodfield		[email protected]

PGP Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xB887618B