RE: Stability of the Internet?

  • From: Roeland Meyer
  • Date: Wed May 23 13:30:13 2001

Agreed, much of it does. I am proposing to get IETF out of the policy
business and in into the PSO business it is now chartered for.

>     Clearly
> 	there has been too narrow a focus if the DNSo & ICANN do
> 	not believe that others have considered the impact of
>     entry points in the DNS

That's not the issue presented. The issues are those of involvement and
communication. IETF is closed and tight-knit. Yet, they do not and cannot
recommend TLDs to the DOC. Evenso, they come up with stuff that the folks
that ARE supposed to recommend these these things, aren't made aware of.
Countervailing recommendations are made, from those that ARE supposed to
make them, and we then have a cat-fight.

>     and that they have exclusive understanding of the
> 	ramifications of controlling this space.

That's a fairly deep mud-hole. Let's not go there ;)

> 	See RFC 2606

Thanks for the RFC. It will be taken into consideration.