Re: rfc 3091,3092,3098

  • From: J.D. Falk
  • Date: Fri May 18 22:35:45 2001

On 05/18/01, David Charlap <[email protected]> wrote:

> Micah McNelly wrote:
> >
> > I am very unclear about the nature of the following rfcs:
> >
> > 3091 Pi Digit Generation Protocol
> > 3098 How to Advertise Responsibly etc etc.
> > 3092 Etymology of "Foo"
> >
> > Is this some kind of joke?  I am seriously confused.
>
> Every year, on April 1st ("April Fool's day"), the IETF approves a small
> number of joke RFCs.
>
> 3098, BTW, is not a joke.

	Neither is 3092, for that matter.  It may not be about a
	serious technical issue, but it's still the answer to a very
	common set of questions relating to Internet standards in
	general.

	Plus, it's a very impressive bit of research.

--
J.D. Falk                                     an ocean refuses no river
<[email protected]>