RE: ARIN, and reservations?

  • From: Richard Jimmerson
  • Date: Thu May 17 15:21:47 2001

> Who 'allowed' you to announce the /19 when you had a /20 of it?
>
> ARIN, at least to us, has been clear on not announcing what isn't
> assigned.

It is likely this was an allocation made under ARIN's multi-homed
policy in 1998.  In 1998, ARIN's minimum allocation size was a /19.
Organizations approved under the multi-homed policy, at that time,
were allocated a /20 and allowed to announce the /19.

In 1999, ARIN's minimum allocation size was reduced to a /20.
Organizations receiving allocations made under the multi-homed
policy following this change are only allowed to announce the
/20.

Richard Jimmerson
Director of Operations