RE: The DSL business model

  • From: Daniel Golding
  • Date: Wed May 16 15:58:21 2001

There is a simple solution for redundancy - buy redundant T-1 lines, run
BGP, route a large enough block of space to be globally routable. This is
like complaining that you can only get a Yugo for $8K instead of a Porche.
You want the Porche, pay the cash. You want to spend $50 a month for DSL,
live with the limitations of the technology and the product offering.
Providers can't afford to provide DSL for the current $$$, with the present
services.

T-1's are cheap these days, compared to a few years back.

- Daniel Golding

http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0xB887618B