Re: ICG Status

  • From: Majdi S. Abbas
  • Date: Tue May 15 17:30:43 2001

On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 03:48:14PM -0400, Steve Sobol wrote:
> ICG sold their dialups to Netcom a long time ago, and of course
> MindspringEarthlinkOneMainSprint of BORG assimilated Netcom
> afterwards. Try using icgcomm.com instead.

	ICG bought Netcom, and sold the customers and support along
with some of the equipment to Mindspring.  ICG retained all of
AS2551, and was in fact continuing to resell dialups to
Mindspring/Earthlink until a few months ago.  They are still a large
dedicated provider, and continue to resell bulk dial.  They have a
lot more dialup than Earthlink does.

	Until a few months ago, I was one of the remaining people
driving AS2551.  If anyone needs peering or operational contacts
at ICG, please drop me a note privately, as this thread cannot
justify it's continued existance.

	Thanks,

	--msa