Re: Whois -a?

  • From: Richard A. Steenbergen
  • Date: Tue May 15 16:18:05 2001

On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 03:47:01PM -0400, Steve Sobol wrote:

> > > You can query any whois server with [email protected]
> > > ie:  [email protected]  works.
> >
> > This too is dependent on your WHOIS client, and NOT available
> > (by default) on all UNICES.
>
> fwhois uses [email protected], Whois Classic uses whois -h server

Come on guys, what does this have to do with nanog. Please take the "how
do I man whois" thread, the "we got screwed over by our incompetant dsl
provider" thread, the "can someone help me find some bits in wisconsin"
thread, and the "I can't figure out how [email protected] or [email protected] works" thread and
CEASE AND DESIST while there is still SOME hope of content making this
list worthy of reading. If you have a complaint about your DSL provider,
TELL IT TO SOMEONE WHO CARES, or maybe (*gasp* here's a thought) vote with
your wallet.

Please, can we just STOP replying to these threads? I know 5 other people
made this request when they first started, but perhaps they were too nice
about it because it is still going on. When your nanog-reading experience
consists of 95% D)elete something is wrong.