Re: Dont Knock The Technology, was Re: People who purchase unproven technologies to support theirBusiness, and whine about it.

  • From: Vincent J. Bono
  • Date: Mon May 14 22:27:28 2001

After viewing this whole thread and having come from a use-to-be
the-great-white-hope "DLEC" I can say that the problem really doesn't lie
with the technology but rather with the self deceptions the IPO-happy
corporate officers told themselves and their investors about how easy it is
to run a carrier and possibly in the outright deceptions of certain "you've
got to use our equipment to use our neat little marketing logo"
manufacturers.  But over all, basic DSL technology has been used for over 15
years by ILECs to provide T1 services over long spans.

I guess I agree taht it should be "People who purchase from unproven
companies to support their Business and whine about it"

-vb