RE: People who purchase unproven technologies to support their Business, and whine about it. RE: To CAIS Engineers - WAKE UP AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS

  • From: Joe Marr
  • Date: Mon May 14 10:23:55 2001

Thats bunk,

First off if your an CLEC the relys on LEC for your copper then you have a
problem. My experiance with verizon is that you
first have to dispatch your own fileds services people, shoot the line and
find the issue (4hrs on a good day.
second, you call in a ticket (which takes up to 24 hrs to acknowledge).
Third, the lec dispatches a tech to investigate, if he cant find the problem
the close out your ticket.
Four, if problem isnt resolve a "vendor meet" has to be setup, you have to
handhold the verizon tech and educate him on dsl.(48hr notice).

as for relibility, I cant tell you the number of times a Verizon tech, would
be out to install a phone line and steal one of our dsl lines cuase it did
not have a tone.