Re: People who purchase unproven technologies to support their Business, and whine about it. RE: To CAIS Engineers - WAKE UP AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS

  • From: Hunter Pine
  • Date: Mon May 14 08:35:22 2001

You really need to do your math. - 768x2 = 1536. DSL is full duplex.

And yes, DSL HAS been around for 20 years. The need for broadband at
inexpensive prices to the public at large has not been necessary until now,
and it's expensive to set up dslams at all these phone company CO's. Not to
mention that the phone companies, until recently, had a monopoly on the
industry, and weren't about to introduce an inexpensive broad band solution
to the public when they could make a killing off of T1 loops.

/H