RE: To CAIS Engineers - WAKE UP AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS

  • From: Roeland Meyer
  • Date: Mon May 14 05:53:42 2001

Yeah, you and I keep dancing around the same bush. My point is that, nothing
is real good by you. One day, names are no good and later, addrs are no
good. That's a flip-flop worthy of Bill Clinton. Looking at each specific
case, you come up with answers, which may be absolutely the best answer for
that case, which may also absolutely contradict another specific case. But,
since the two of them are invariably conjoined, you have two contradictory
and mutually exclusive answers... for the same thing. Therein, lays my
frustration.

> > Gee, maybe I should have had a names based system after
> all? Either way, I
> > wind up having to rebuild Oracle boxen and application
> servers, every time
> > somebody farts. Just what in blue hell are we supposed to do?
>
> Maybe you should get a clue, or hire someone who has one.

Tried both, it appears non-soluble, at the moment.

> > BTW, the last I checked SSL certs are usually names based.
> Pretty slack
> > security, eh?
>
> Yes.  See
> http://cr.yp.to/djbdns/bugtraq/[email protected]