RE: To CAIS Engineers - WAKE UP AND TAKE CARE OF YOUR CUSTOMERS

  • From: Roeland Meyer
  • Date: Sun May 13 21:07:58 2001

Gee, I wish you knew what you were talking about. Basic security starts with
reverse, see tcp_wrappers, SSH, Oracle (try and build a DB without reverse
working right. Net8 stops you dead in your tracks). Half of my ACLs don't
work right because reverse isn't correct.

> ps - 32/27.0.168.192.in-addr.arpa., learn it, love it, live it.

Thu May 10 22:59:09 [root:2]#> ps - 32/27.0.168.192.in-addr.arpa.
ERROR: Garbage option.